Imagine the following scenario:
I am playing as white and on my first move I:
- Touch my b1 knight without moving it or pressing the clock
- Move one of my opponents pieces
- Move one of my pieces (excluding my b1 Knight)
- Repeat 2-3 arbitrary number of times
- Once satisfied with seeing the line played out I return all piece back to their original positions
- Move my touched b1 knight to a3 or c3
- Press the clock
Have I broken any FIDE rules?
My instinct is that this is legal since:
7.5.1 An illegal move is completed once the player has pressed his/her clock.