I'm looking for a tool where I can input a name (e.g. Hans Niemann, Levy Rozman, Eric Rosen etc.) and it will tell me the highest rated player they beat in chess (FIDE rated games). I appreciate any help!
No such tool exists. You will have to write it yourself. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to the "Individual Calculations" page for the player you are interested in. For Hans Niemann that is here.
- You will see the word "available" for each month/time control combination where he has FIDE rated games. Click on one of these, for instance Standard/September 2022.
- There you will see that he had two wins against Kobalia(2578) and Idani(2641). Record these as you wish.
- Rpeat for all periods where results are "available" for the time control(s) you are interested in.
I would suggest you write a program to do screen/data scraping to speed this up.
If you have Chessbase:
- Step one: Filter every game played by your player and the result (i.e. your player won; you can do this for White and Black separately and merge the results, but you shouldn't even need to).
- Step two: Sort by rating.
This is possible to do with scid vs pc (free and open source) as follows
- Load a database (e.g., caissabase, which is free)
- filter games in which player X plays white and wins
- in the filtered collection in the game list window click on the button 'black elo' to sort the collection by black elo.
Do the same by filtering games in which X plays black and wins.