Analyzing the five players from this question:
- Anna Cramling's rating appears not to have budged in the last year, presumably because of COVID.
- Andrew Tang's rating appears not to have changed much since he signed with Cloud9 in 2019.
- Qiyu Zhou's rating appears not to have changed much either.
- Alexandra Botez's rating appears to have decreased slightly.
- Hikaru Nakamura's classical rating declined, but his blitz rating increased.
If we neglect Anna Cramling (lack of data) and Hikaru Nakamura (since he was already a professional player), why is it that none of the other three players seem to have gotten an elo boost from playing chess full-time? Playing chess full-time ought to imply a lot of practice, and practice should lead to improvement.
Only thing I can think of is that online streaming focuses primarily on blitz, and therefore might not have an impact on classical chess. So one might expect classical rating to remain the same and blitz rating to increase. However, Nakamura's rating is the only one that follows this trend.