Is there a term for the position where two knights support one another? I thought I might have seen such a term somewhere, but now I can't find it.

enter image description here

  • 1
    I don't think there is any wide-spread term for that, but if you describe the knights as "mutually supporting" almost everyone will understand what you mean. – John Coleman Dec 15 '20 at 18:13
  • 1
    It needs a special term. Let's coin one. How about "two horsemen of the apocalyse"? – MathAdam Dec 15 '20 at 18:18
  • Yes. That totally answers it -- and more. I hadn't seen that. Go ahead and close my question if needed. Thanks! :) – MathAdam Dec 15 '20 at 18:49
  • @RewanDemontay Definitely a duplicate. The main answer there suggests "connected knights" but that doesn't really seem all that common. It doesn't exactly prove anything, but the phrase is lacking in en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_chess#C. It does make a fair amount of sense, though, so it is probably the best candidate. – John Coleman Dec 15 '20 at 18:52
  • 1
    Knightshake? Knight + handshake. – Rauan Sagit Dec 21 '20 at 20:21