As the title suggests, I want to know how to train like Bobby Fischer did, along with what books he read during his chess training. Remember, keyword is TRAIN. I don’t want to be like him, as that is impossible, but I merely want to know how to train like him.
This question may be better suited for Worldbuilding Exchange, but as Bobby's training system you are asking for started at the precise second Bobby met the game at a young age, you will need to:
- Return with a time machine to five years old and develop Asperger disorder.
- Buy not only one but a dozen of chess boards.
- Develop an uncontrollable obsession with chess as said, forgetting everything is not chess. Your mother can do those tasks and the school is totally unnecessary for you. You know modals and how the law rules, not to enter in troubles not related with chess.
- Play millions of games with yourself. Play chess every minute you don't have to eat, sleep or waste your time with adults. Use those books only to follow master moves and remaster the games on your dozen of chess board that have colonized your home (you will need to convince your mother for that).
- Go to the tournaments and destroy all those poor players that read the text of those chess books you will take a look later to see if they are correct or not.
- Continue enjoying and learning at FIDE circuit your hole life.