I want to establish a rating system for my community.
- I've decided to publish the rating every 1st January, April, July and October.
- Every new player will be given a rating of 1200.
- Using result submitted to me by tournament organisers, I will get every players' Rating Performance for any tournament.
- Every time I want to publish a new rating, I will calculate the Average Rating Performance for every player.
- Let say between January to April, Player A's Rating Performances are 1300, 1200, 1400 (Player A participated in 3 tournaments)
- So by April 1st, Player A's rating is (1300 + 1200 + 1400)/3 = 1300
Is this correct?
To put it simple, am I correct to use Player's Rating Performance to base my rating system?
Or should I calculate players' rating based on every player's encounter using calculator like this: https://ratings.fide.com/calculator_rtd.phtml ?