I'm looking to buy a nice wooden set and board, something I've wanted for a long time. I have this Kasparov vs Karpov picture as my desktop background Kasparov vs Karpov

and I love the set, but I can't find one quite like it. Does anyone know the name of this style of set, or where I could get one?

1 Answer 1


From Tony Rotella on the reddit page I pointed to this one:

They're DGT "Timeless" pieces: http://www.digitalgametechnology.com/index.php/products/eboard-chess-sets This has been a very standard FIDE design for a long time, though there have been slight modifications over the years to (at the least) the pawns and bishops I believe. You might also be interested in these, which are basically the same: http://www.houseofstaunton.com/the-championship-series-chess-set-3-75-king.html

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.