Although I love chess, I don't understand how to describe the positions on the board and moves of the chess pieces using numbers and letters. I tried to understand it by myself in hopes to answer an unanswered question (and apparently complex). I couldn't be of any help because I got lost when the question involved chess notation. Can someone explain it to me?

  • Should I call it "Chess Jargon" instead? – A Child of God Nov 6 '15 at 5:06
  • 2
    The correct term is "chess notation". – HelloWorld Nov 6 '15 at 5:25
  • If you want to talk abut chess you have to take the time to understand the language. – Tony Ennis Nov 6 '15 at 8:56